Roseneath Theatre is a touring theatre company for Young Audiences. We bring our plays to school gymnasiums and auditoriums throughout Ontario. Our plays support cultural literacy, address specific curriculum expectations and promote character and values education. All performances have study guides created by respected educators in subject-related fields that provide activities and discussion questions relating to the performance.
- We are the only professional company to have performed in every English school district in the province of Ontario.
- We are the only professional theatre to annually produce or present a play for high schools.
Please click HERE to send a booking inquiry for the 2019-2020 school year.
Download or view our 2019-2020 Sneak Peak Postcard HERE.
- We bring a professional production right to your school’s gym, cafetorium or auditorium anywhere in Ontario, complete with theatrical set and our own sound equipment.
- Performances are generally 50-55 minutes in length followed by a talkback session with the cast after the play. Total running time including the talkback session is generally 60-65 minutes.
- We provide comprehensive study guides which connect the play and its themes directly to Ontario’s curriculum, including classroom activities, resources and pre and post show questions to lead class discussion.
- Our touring company arrives one hour prior to show time to set up in your performance space. The space will need to be available and clear of other programs from one hour prior to showtime until up to 45 minutes after the conclusion of the presentation.
- In gymnasiums we will perform for up to 300 students at a time. In auditoriums with proper acoustics, we will perform for up to 550 students per performance.
- School pricing is per performance and starts at $725 (plus HST) for an audience of up to 300 students. There are also discounts when you book more than one show in a season, more than one show in a day, or confirm your booking prior to June 30.
- We will send you a full fee schedule upon receipt of a completed online inquiry form.
- Roseneath Theatre’s school performance pricing has been subsidized through the generous support of the Canada Council for the Arts, Ontario Arts Council, Toronto Arts Council and our many other foundation and corporate sponsors.
- No deposit is required at time of booking. Performance fee is due on or before the day of the presentation.
Would you like to make a booking for your school? Have any questions about our touring productions?
- We believe that young people have as rich an emotional life as adults.
- We believe that children are as deserving, if not more, as adult audiences of high quality, professional theatre that speaks to their life experience and enriches their imagination.
- We encourage playwrights to explore themes and situations that express as much of that complex life as possible and then distill it into an accessible theatrical form.
- We support our performances with detailed educational materials that are designed to outline the play as well as provide activities to incorporate the play into class work to ensure that the impact of the play lasts far beyond the performance date.
To Book Contact:
Roseneath Theatre’s Education Office
For International and Canadian Venue bookings, please contact:
Annemieke Wade, Managing Director